The KFO offers a range of services to its members, including:
- Representing and negotiating on behalf of members’ fishing interests at national and EU levels
- Advising members on fishing-related issues such as licences, capacity, accessing available grant aid, etc.
- Acting as an information conduit on key fishing issues such as Total Allowable Catches (TACs) and quotas
- Facilitating the setting up of group schemes for members benefit, such as pensions, vessel and health insurance
- Providing access to financial support mechanisms for major market price fluctuations, as a result of the KFO’s
designation as a Producer Organisation
- Alerting members to key EU and national decisions that are being taken, that affect their livlihood
- Supplying and sourcing additional opportunities that will benefit members, such as new fisheries opportunities/agreements,
e-commerce and so forth
- Helping to resolve fishing related problems experienced by members or groups of members
KFO membership is open to owners and part-owners of EU registered commercial fishing vessels.
Members are required to comply with organisation rules, which will include giving financial support
through an annual levy.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.